FanDuel Sportsbook Colorado – 2021 Promo Code & Review
After having established wide popularity and a trusted name in the daily fantasy sports realm, FanDuel successfully moved into sports betting in the United States. This followed the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in May 2018 that removed the previous federal prohibition on states other than Nevada to allow wagering on sports. FanDuel went live in Colorado on May 1, 2020.
Available for mobile devices (Android or iOS) and via web-based browsers, the FanDuel Colorado online sportsbook is impressive in several ways, from its intuitive, user-friendly design to its wide range of betting types and markets.
FanDuel Sportsbook Colorado welcome bonus
FanDuel is rewarding new players in Colorado to a substantial welcome offer: a “risk-free” bet worth up to $1000, which has proven very popular amongst bettors in other U.S. markets. What makes this “risk-free” bet special is that a winning wager placed using this free bet pays both the bet plus profit, where a standard risk-free bet only pays the profit.
For instance, if you use a $1000 free bet on FanDuel on a +100 odds bet, you will have a payout of $2000 ($1000 bet + $1000 profit) where other sites’ payout would only be the $1000 profit.
All you need to do to take advantage is to sign up using any of the links on this page. And by the way, existing FanDuel DFS account holders are eligible for this sportsbook promotion, too. Just register your new sportsbook account and click our link to unlock the bonus.
FanDuel CO 2021 bonus code & details
|FanDuel Sportsbook CO Promo Code||Just click this link|
|New Player Bonus||Up to $1000 Risk-Free Bet|
|Code Valid||July 2021|
|Colorado Partner||Golden Gates in Black Hawk|
Breaking down the bonus
FanDuel Sportsbook’s leading offer is the “risk-free” bet worth up to $1000 that you can apply when making your first wager. How does it work?
If you win your first ever bet, perfect. You’ve just built up a nice starting bankroll. If your first wager happens to lose, the risk-free bonus effectively gives you the opportunity give it a second shot — up to $1000.
But if that first wager loses? Let’s say your first bet was for $300. Your account would be credited $300 — the amount of your bet — in “site credits.” Site credit plays the same as cash, and can be used to win real money on another wager. In the $300 bet example above, you can then place another bet without having to put up more of your money: just use your site credit.
This $1000 risk-free offer is the same generous welcome bonus that FanDuel has offered in other states and that other online sportsbooks have emulated.
Why bet at FanDuel CO online
- Top-notch mobile apps: FanDuel has become a market leader in every US market they enter. This is not only thanks to name recognition, but because its apps and overall product is excellent. The app is fast, the sportsbook design is nice and crisp, and the full sportsbook is accessible on the mobile app.
- Best pricing and lines: We shop around at all the legal sportsbooks — regularly — and FanDuel’s pricing is almost always at or near the best available in the market. They don’t deviate from 20 cents on NFL sides or totals, for example, and the in-play pricing ranges a bit but not usually past 30 cents, player props usually don’t go over -112 or -115 both ways, and often futures bets you can even find great discrepancies that are favorable.
- Loads of props and markets: Many other sportsbooks share the same odds and risk-management suppliers, while FanDuel’s product represents a unique blend of Flutter Entertainment and IGT. Ultimately, FanDuel offers tons of professional player props on the major (and less popular) sports, ones you often won’t find elsewhere — like rushing yards for a third-string running back, or points + rebounds + assists for an NBA bench warmer, or method and round of victory for most UFC bouts, or even a random second-half total for a random Sun Belt Conference NCAA hoops game. (Note: You won’t have access to collegiate props due to Colorado betting law.)
- Solid promotions: FanDuel Sportsbook gets pretty creative with their bonuses and promotions, often letting fans of local teams drive up lines to absurdities like +75 points in an NBA contest. They’re glorified cash giveaways (at usually $50 max bets), but who would complain about a giveaway? They also offer parlay insurance, odds boost, and a variety of appetizing wagers.
What’s not to like?
- The app has suffered from some technical snafus — outages at inopportune times, also we’ve found it’s quick to log users out or sometimes the geolocation software requires multiple login attempts.
- No loyalty/rewards program… yet
Special promotions and offers
Beyond the welcome bonus, FanDuel tends to offer a few other promotions to users — not an overwhelming number of them, but you’ll want to keep an eye out.
Some of these promotions provide opportunities for bettors to win money back — again, in the form of site credits — after placing what might be called “hard luck” losing bets.
For instance, during the NCAA basketball season there was a promotion for “Bet Ten Big Score Insurance.” In that one, those who made a pregame moneyline bet on a team in the Big Ten tournament that scored at least 75 points but still lost the game could get as much as $50 back in site credit.
Another similar promotion called “Multi-Sport Parlay Insurance” gives bettors up to $25 back if they make a parlay of five or more legs and hit all but one of them, a small but still nice consolation prize.
There is another fun and somewhat unusual promotion called “Keep the Cash” that involves answering 20 sports betting questions and having a chance to win up to $1,000,000 in site credit. You start with $1,000,000 and risk however much of that on prop questions and once you answer 20 questions, you keep whats left!
FanDuel Sportsbook CO loyalty program
Unfortunately, at this time, there is not a traditional loyalty program, or a way to accrue rewards points through frequent patronage.
However, FD Sportsbook does somewhat regularly offer one-off quasi-loyalty promotions, the availability of which may depend on your own mileage, i.e., how much you use the site.
Over the past year, the book has emailed various “bet match” offers such as:
- 100% Bet Match Offer in advance of an NFL Sunday, win or lose on a money line wager (max $50).
- A random $20 in site credit “for your loyalty!’ in advance of the NFL playoffs
- Place a bet of $20 or more on any MLB game for $20 in site credit to use on college basketball
- After the Super Bowl, “take advantage of a full week of sports & get a 100% bonus on your next deposit (max total bonus $100)”
In addition to that, FanDuel did appear at one time to be kicking tires on a traditional loyalty program, offering points and site credit (up to $1,000) over a 30-day period. Users could earn points through various means — certain points on parlays, pro player props, and sports. We’ll update if they opt to run with this full-time.
Overall, this is a well-oiled machine on both the mobile app (iOS and Android) and the web-based platform. It looks good, works well and all of the many bets and tools are available. In July 2021, FanDuel upgraded both their desktop and mobile app, which came complete with a facelift and software upgrade. This should help eliminate the occasional location and login issues that many users have experienced in the past.
Here’s the full rundown of the stellar sportsbook:
Mobile app for both iOS and Android users
The FanDuel sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android users. The iOS app can be found in the Apple store, while Android users can download the app from the FanDuel website.
The app has a clean look with easy-to-read text on a white background. The opening screen features a top bar with shortcuts to live betting and the most popular sports, a banner featuring popular games and promotions, with those highlighted contests and their bets starting to appear on the lower half of the screen with more revealed as you scroll down.
Along the bottom row and appearing on all screens are more shortcuts back to the Home screen. You’ll also find an alphabetical list of sports, the bet slip, promotions, and the user’s account.
We found the layout quite user-friendly, with small things like being able to see at once the spreads, totals, and moneylines at once for a given contest. The arrangement of different sports and bet types is intuitive and easy to follow, allowing the user to find desired games quickly.
The bet slip works like most online sportsbooks, allowing you to select bets as you look around, then when ready call up the bet slip to enter amounts and place your wagers.
Through our rigorous testing, the app was entirely stable and functioned especially well, never delaying or freezing as we moved through the various screens while on WiFi. Buttons are all responsive.
Banking and other account-related business are all simple to navigate and conduct. Click on the icon of that looks like a person’s upper body (with no hair) and find a variety of account management functions:
- View all your active and recently settled bets
- Review your betting history over specified time periods
- View profits/losses (click on “account summary”)
- Obtain tax forms
- Set yourself for a “cool down” period if needed (check our Responsible Gaming page for more info)
- Find patron protections as well (if you want to get an e-mail whenever your account is accessed)
Support is available as well on both the mobile app and web-based platform. In both cases you scroll to the bottom to click Support to find answers to FAQs, live chat, and an email address where you can also send queries.
The web-based version of the FanDuel online sportsbook has all the same features as the app, with a similarly clean and attractive look and very user-friendly arrangement and layout.
In terms of appearance, you can see from the screenshot how FanDuel has resisted filling up the extra screen space with added clutter, instead employing a smart and simple three-column layout with all of the same shortcuts to help users find what they need without much difficulty.
The middle-column tabs taking you to popular events, live betting, and the day’s odds boosts are handy. Also nice is how the right-most column permanently shows your bet slip, whereas with the app you bring the bet slip up and down from the bottom of the screen in order to consult what you’ve added and to place your bets.
Deposits and withdrawals
As far as banking options go, FanDuel offers a number of methods to fund your account, including:
- eCheck – Use your checking account
- Online banking – Log into your online banking portal use existing credentials
- PayPal – Use the popular e-wallet
- FanDuel prepaid card – A personalized prepaid card account that can be funded a variety of ways
- PayNearMe – Deposit cash at 7-Eleven stores, CVS pharmacies, and other participating retail locations
- Cash deposit at OTB locations (see below)
- Wire transfer – Transfer directly between their bank account and FD
- Visa/MasterCard – Traditional debit card, however the issuing bank may reject sportsbook deposits
- Paper check – Snail mail, baby
There are four OTB locations offering in-person banking. You can deposit and withdraw funds to your FanDuel Sportsbook account at:
- The Celtic on Market, Denver, CO
- Havana Park, Aurora, CO
- Odds on OTB, Arvada, CO
- Elevated Stakes OTB, Colorado Springs, CO
As you’ll find at most online sportsbooks, there are slightly fewer but ample withdrawal methods:
- Online banking
- FanDuel prepaid card
- Paper check
- Cash at casino
Available sports and betting selection
As is the case in any retail sportsbook, you need to be at least 21 years of age to place bets when using the FanDuel Colorado online sportsbook. You also need to be physically located within the state to do so, with the site employing geo-tracking technology to ensure that is the case. You can open an account and even conduct banking from outside the state, but to make any actual bets you need to be in Colorado. When you travel to other states with FanDuel, you can transfer your balance over, but you can’t make a wager in another state using the Colorado version of the app or site.
Once you do create an account and look around, you’ll find a lot of options when it comes to the types of bets you can make at FanDuel Colorado. The kinds of bets available include:
- Point spreads
- Live, in-game betting
- Totals (over/under)
- Markets for halves, quarters, and periods
- Team and player props (professional props only)
Speaking of prop bets, FanDuel offers a nice variety of creative ones across different sports like first basket or race to 10 points (in basketball), first touchdown or longest successful field goal (football), “correct score” props (in soccer), and the like.
Worth noting — Colorado’s sports betting law does not permit proposition bets on college sports.
Futures bets also include familiar favorites and a bit of imagination here and there. You’ll find all the usual team ones for championship, league, and division winners, where an NFL player will get drafted, Cy Young winners, and many, many others.
You can also “cash out” certain bets on FanDuel as you can on other online sportsbooks. Also you can sometimes choose “odds boosts” on various bets such as props or futures when they are offered.
The sports available at FanDuel comprise all of the ones you will find at other sportsbooks, with lots of leagues, contests, and markets in each. Sports include:
- Australian rules football
- Motor racing
- Table Tennis
Pricing and lines at FanDuel Colorado
Pricing is largely standard on FanDuel when it comes to pregame bets on point spreads, more often than not -110 although occasionally nudged up or down (-120 and +100). Our review of moneyline pricing finds FanDuel offering very competitive prices, often better than what you’ll see on other sportsbooks.
Pricing for in-game wagering is also quite good on FanDuel, offering bettors consistently favorable lines in spots where other sportsbooks will often take advantage with less appealing prices.
Payouts for parlays are similar to what you’ll find elsewhere, although we’ve seen the three-leg parlays before at +595 and more recently +596, which is a tad lower than the standard +600 or 6-to-1. Meanwhile teasers mostly (not always) tend to feature standard payouts when compared to most sportsbooks.
You can often find alternate lines for contests that feature pricing that corresponds accordingly.
More about FanDuel in Colorado
FanDuel has drawn upon its online and mobile experience to offer sportsbooks in several states, starting with New Jersey in 2018, then Pennsylvania, Indiana, and West Virginia in 2019. In January 2020 it was announced that Colorado would become the fifth state where sports bettors could place their wagers on FanDuel.
Don’t be mistaken and think FanDuel is a merely a DFS operator dabbling in straight sports betting. When it comes to online sportsbooks in the U.S., FanDuel is a major player.
Following an especially close referendum vote in early November 2019, sports betting was made legal in Colorado. Regulators then took another six months to hammer out the details in order to make legal sportsbooks available in May 2020.
It was in January 2020 that FanDuel partnered with Twin River Worldwide Holdings to offer online sports betting in the state. The announcement came shortly after Twin River purchased three Black Hawk casinos — the Golden Gates Casino, the Golden Gulch Casino, and Golden Mardi Gras Casino.
The new law allows each of the state’s 33 casinos to apply for licenses to establish partnerships to open a land-based sportsbook, an online sportsbook, or both. As reflected in the offerings listed above, the law allows wagering on all sports with a few exceptions, including no betting on high school sports, no betting on e-sports, and (as previously noted) no game or player props on college sports.
The law is favorable to operators, with the 10 percent tax rate required of them lower than what is found in most other states. Most observers believe that will encourage many casinos to get into the sports betting game, including via offering online sportsbooks.
The law does not allow online casinos or online poker, however, which is why you won’t see any invitations on the FanDuel Colorado Sportsbook to go check out casino games or poker.