BetMGM Sportsbook Colorado Promo Code & Review 2021
BetMGM is the primary online brand for Roar Digital, a partnership between MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. The two entered a joint venture in July 2018 and quickly established a foothold for sports betting in June 2019 with the opening of the Moneyline Sportsbook at the Borgata in Atlantic City, N.J. BetMGM can now be accessed in multiple states, including Colorado.
BetMGM offers access to its online and mobile sports betting platform in Colorado through Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino in Cripple Creek. BetMGM launched on the first day sports betting became available in the Centennial State, which was May 1, and is available to bettors through both web browsers and mobile app.
BetMGM Sportsbook bonus offers – October 2021
Via a partnership with BetMGM, we are able to offer you an exclusive offer that is only available when you sign up via one of the many links on this page. When you sign up for a new account and make your first deposit, BetMGM will make your very first bet risk-free.
|BetMGM Colorado Promo Code||COB1000|
|Welcome Offer||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000|
|Bonus Validated||October 2021|
How to take advantage of this exclusive offer
When you sign up for a new account at BetMGM via the promo code above or one of the links on this page and make your first real money deposit (min $10), BetMGM will grant the risk-free bet. This means if you lose your initial wager, the sportsbook will comp you with betting credits of equal value (up to $1000). Therefore if you bet $200 and lost, they would send you $200 in free bets. The offer only applies to your very first bet.
If things go south, the betting credits will hit your account within 24 hours and must be used within a week or else you will lose them. Free bet credits are paid out in 20% denominations. For example, if your first wager was, as we mentioned above, for $200, you would receive 5 x $40 free bets in the event that it loses. If your first bet was for less than $50, the rebate comes as one individual credit.
Advantages of betting with BetMGM
To help power its online site, MGM brought in the services of GVC, primarily a Euro-based gambling platform known for working with Ladbrokes Coral and partypoker, among other groups. The $200 million partnership between MGM and GVC was first announced in late July 2018 and began receiving regulators’ approvals a year later.
Here is a quick overview of positives BetMGM offers to position itself as one of the best U.S. online sportsbooks in the game right now:
- Big range of sports – The sports available for betting at BetMGM in Colorado are about as good as you are going to find. Options include fan favorites such as basketball, baseball, football and hockey. On top of that, a few exotics are included as well, such as Aussie rules, Gaelic games, eSports, rugby league, and even table tennis. In the first few months, Colorado has shown itself to be flexible and open in its offerings.
- Media — BetMGM has partnered with some data and media suppliers such as Sportradar and several leagues directly, which has allowed them to offer actual game footage within the sportsbook, as well as live stat updates (the kind you’ll see on Yahoo’s StatTracker or on ESPN’s Gamecast), which is a cool to have at your disposal in one place. Once bettors make a deposit, they have access to live streaming of sporting events being offered by BetMGM.
- Parlay cards – For those that like placing parlay bets, this feature is for you. It allows you to get an overview of a vast range of games that take place every day and to add your picks quickly to your bet slip. You can easily change the wager coverage here as well, which is a big plus.
- Live betting – The live betting section is major component of the sportsbook. Not only is wager coverage here on point, but each sport includes its own match center highlighting the progress of each game.
- Partnerships — BetMGM has been active on the partnership and sponsorship front — teaming up with Buffalo Wild Wings and Yahoo! Sports among others. In Colorado, it has entered into an agreement with the Denver Broncos that will give them the first in-stadium betting lounge in the NFL. Additionally, bettor who will sign up will become M life Rewards members, with rewards able to be redeemed at MGM Resorts properties throughout the country.
What’s not so great at BetMGM?
- Uncompetitive pricing on many player and game props
- Weird pricing on some pregame wagers
- Menus a bit disorganized at times
Special promos and offers
The promo section at BetMGM is a net positive. It features a nice balance of giving existing players reasons to hang around after the welcome offer while not overcomplicating things with offers most people don’t use.
Promos include at various times:
- Cash out: Some straight and parlay bets have a cash out option that allows bettors to either lock in winnings when things are going good or minimize losses when things are going not-so-good. When done for the former, it allows bettors to increase their account balance without making a deposit.
- Edit My Bet: A feature which can be used on bets that have the “Cash out” option or unsettled selections where the outcome of the bet has yet to be determined, bettors can make changes to their wagers, which they must save. Features of BetMGM’s “Edit My Bet” function include adding a selection, swapping a selection, removing a selection, and increasing a stake. Bettors should note the value of the wager is equal to the “cash out” value shown when the bet was initially entered to edit.
- $20 Risk-Free on first touchdown scorer: Pick any player to score the first TD in an NFL game, and get a free bet up to $20 credited to your account if your bet doesn’t win. This has been a regular promo for every NFL game.
BetMGM loyalty program
BetMGM has teamed with MGM Resorts International to offer all members access to M life Rewards, which offers perks at MGM properties nationwide such as comped and discounted rooms as well as personalized offers and dedicated windows at BetMGM sportsbooks at retail locations.
Additionally, M life Rewards has lowered their “Tier Credits” requirement to access different levels of the program, and with sports bets now part of the rewards program, there is plenty of potential for upward mobility in M life Rewards among its four tiers. A straight bet of $12 creates 1 Tier Credit while a $5 parlay or round robin bet also creates 1 Tier Credit.
How to register an account at BetMGM
Setting up your account with BetMGM takes just a couple of minutes to complete. We will walk you through this using a desktop, but it’s worth noting you can register an account using the app as well.
Clicking the “Register” button at the top of the screen is the first step. You will first be asked to provide your name, email, and date of birth. Then you will need to create a user ID along with your password.
On this page you will also be asked to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number for identification purposes, as a security precaution for your own benefit, and your cell phone number, also for account security.
The third part of the process then requires you to register your address.
Software platforms available
BetMGM has both desktop and mobile options for iOS and Android devices. Both platforms are powered for the MGM brand by GVC.
BetMGM has a customized layout, which was surprising given the expectation GVC’s desktop platform would be used. What you get from the desktop version of the BetMGM Sportsbook has a minimalistic look and feel. There is a simple white background with black text and a controllable sliding banner at the top of the home page.
Once you dive into the sports and betting options, the layout remains minimalistic and uncluttered, which we generally appreciate. There are long lists of bets you can make, with the clear layout allowing easy identification to choose bets quickly and easily.
In general, the layout is both user-friendly and intuitive to navigate. Every sport has an overview pointing out top matchups, and some sports have local team plays on the slide bar (e.g., the NBA page had Nuggets futures offerings). Additionally, bettors can “favorite” certain games or markets, pinning them to the top of the page. This comes in handy for bettors who enjoy creating parlays and/or have a wide betting interest of sports.
BetMGM Mobile Sportsbook App
The mobile app can be downloaded on both iOS and Android platforms. For iOS, all you need to do is head over to the App Store. For Android, you need to download the APK file directly from the BetMGM site.
The BetMGM app is a strong performer, top to bottom. The simplicity of the desktop site transfers well to mobile. Having the menu on the bottom of the screen allows for easy readability in terms of offerings, and having the bet slip minimized until utilizing the function is a smart design choice.
There’s a search function on both the app and the desktop platform which yields results for spread bets and totals and futures for the team you may be searching. This is highly convenient – especially for 2020 when multiple leagues will be running high-volume schedules simultaneously.
One other nice feature on the app is having each sport broken down into three betting categories – games, futures, and specials – by league. The lack of color on the app (it is a white screen background) is a nit-picky gripe in the sense that large schedules of games can blur together – a potential issue in college sports.
Pricing and lines at BetMGM
Betting lines at BetMGM Colorado are a mixed bag of sorts with the feeling there is still plenty of room for improvement.
- Pregame wagers: Simply put, the lines are all over the place. Looking at MLB lines for season openers, there was a vig of 24 or more cents on 10 of 13 run lines being offered. The over/unders, however, were a standard -110 offering, which was good. The moneyline spreads were slightly more uniform, but there are also multiple occasions where the vig exceeded 25 cents. Again, room for improvement is obvious.
- Prop bets: Some of those wide discrepancies regarding pregame wagers were also apparent in player prop bets. Using the Yankees-National game as an example, an over/under on 0.5 hits for D.J. LeMahieu was -304 for over and +230 for under. We’ve also found that pricing on player props is often vastly inferior at BetMGM. This an extreme example, but we saw multiple instances above 30 cents. Most likely you are going to want to shy away from player props at BetMGM, unless you happen to find there’s a side you like that is priced out of whack but favorable to the side you lean.
Reiterating an earlier point, we were also able to see quite large inconsistencies for spread and points bets. A general line for most sportsbooks would be around -110, but we have seen some around the -134 mark, which is not good.
All of this means it is important to target your sports with BetMGM. The betting lines are not terrible across the board — indeed, far from it. But they are definitely more inviting for certain sports, so as always, shop around.
You get a good range of markets to choose from throughout the BetMGM Colorado sportsbook. As already noted, there are 22 in total in Colorado, and these include a couple of exotic international offerings as well, which is nice.
Markets/sports include but are not limited to:
- Basketball (NBA and NCAA)
- Football (NFL and NCAA)
- Mixed martial arts
- Motor Sports
- Soccer (multiple leagues)
- Table Tennis
A big range, and pretty much everything U.S. bettors have come to expect:
- Spread bets– The most popular form of betting creating a handicap to bring the matchup to even. For example, if the Broncos are set at -3.5, they would need to win by 4 or more to “cover the spread”.
- Moneylines- Moneyline bets are basically betting on who will win the matchup. Moneyline bets will have odds set at + for the underdogs and – for the favorites. For example, if the Broncos (-200) are facing the Jets (+150), the Broncos would be the favorite and a $200 bet would return $300 ($200 bet + $100 profit).
- Totals- Also known as Over/Under bets will be a bet placed on the total points scored in a game. For example, if the O/U of the Nuggets game is set at 212.5, and the score totals between both teams is 212 or under, the under wins, 213+ would be a winner with an over bet.
- In-play betting- One of the many advantages of betting online versus a retail sportsbook is the ever-innovative in-play betting. In-play betting allows you to bet as the action unfolds, on every down, set, point and at bat with updating odds. Standard bets such as spreads, moneylines and totals are also available, and will also have adjusting lines and odds based on the action on the field.
- Game props- A prop bet is a bet placed on the outcome of an occurrence during the game that does not directly affect the outcome of the game. For example, a bet on which team will have more corner kicks in a soccer match.
- Player props- Player props are similar to game props but are based on stats of an individual player. For example, you could bet on how many yards Melvin Gordon will rush for or how many receptions Jake Butt will have.
- Parlays and teasers- Parlays are a combination of any bet type where all the bets on the parlay card have to win in order to get paid. Parlays odds increase with the amount of picks added to the card. Teaser bets allow the bettor to adjust the point spreads or totals amount for a slightly decreased payout.
- Futures- Futures bets are exactly what they sound like, a more long term bet that is decided by something in the future. For example, a bet on the Nuggets to win the NBA championship mid season would be a futures bet.
- Cash outs- Cash out bets allow you to either collect winnings early, or cut your losses. Cash out amounts are based on the in-game odds and will be constantly adjusting as the action unfolds. For example, if you have the Nuggets moneyline, and they are winning by 10 in the third quarter, you can “cash out” your bet early if you feel like they may blow the lead. The payout will be at a slight discount but is an option to lock in profit if you don’t feel like your bet will hold.
Banking at BetMGM
The banking range is one of the highlights of the BetMGM sportsbook. We have spoken about this in other reviews, but when you use the more established names, the banking section is usually one of the standout sections, and this is no different with BetMGM.
Here is a look at your deposit options:
- Online banking transfer — Log into your bank online through the portal and choose your desired account to draw funds.
- PayPal – Link up your PayPal account.
- VIP Preferred ACH/e-Check – Provide your bank routing number, account number and driver’s license number, for instant deposits.
- PayNearMe – A cash option that allows you to access 27,000 stores (including 7-Eleven’s throughout the country).
- Prepaid card (Play+) – These cards can be signed up for when you register an account. You can load them using any bank or card transfer, making this one of the better all-around options.
- Visa/MasterCard – Similar to a direct bank transfer, this could be limited based on the bank that you use, but for those who can access this is likely your most secure option.
All deposits start from as little as $10 and for the most part are processed immediately.
Withdrawal methods include:
- VIP Preferred
Withdrawals also start from $10. BetMGM processed withdrawals via PayPal several times in roughly 8 to 12 hours, for amounts from $200 to $4,000. It was pretty quick, faster than any sportsbook we’ve tested, and much appreciated. Bettors should note they need to be enrolled in VIP Preferred in order to withdraw funds using this method.
BetMGM in Colorado is paired with Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino in Cripple Creek, which does not have a physical sportsbook yet and there are no formal announcements regarding when or if Midnight Rose will do so at all.
- BetMGM Sportsbook bonus offers – October 2021
- Advantages of betting with BetMGM
- What’s not so great at BetMGM?
- Special promos and offers
- BetMGM loyalty program
- How to register an account at BetMGM
- Software platforms available
- BetMGM Mobile Sportsbook App
- Pricing and lines at BetMGM
- Betting markets
- Betting types
- Banking at BetMGM
- Land-based sportsbook